The Bentonite Clay Mask is a more "aggressive" face mask.
For sensitive skins we recomend the Kaolin Face Mask
Benefits of a Bentonite Clay Mask:
- Heals and regenerates skin tissue
- Draws out toxins
- Treats acne (prevents breakouts and helps clear up acne)
- Unclogs and shrinks pores
- Prevents blackheads
- Reduces appearance of scars
- Excellent natural exfoliator
- Evens out skin tone
- Leaves skin feeling softer
- Leaves your face glowing!
How Often Should You Use the Bentonite Clay Mask?
Start out with doing it once a week and see how your skin responds, as it is quite powerful.
After using the Bentonite Mask make sure to feed your skin with our Antioksidant and Balm as the mask wil dry your skin out.
Ingredients/What You’ll Need:
- 2 teaspoons bentonite clay
- 2 teaspoons water
- Optional: a cup or bowl and a spoon to mix them
*If you use a spoon to mix them, make sure it isn’t metal because this causes metals to leach from the spoon into the clay, making the clay not as effective.
1. Take about 2 teaspoon of the bentonite clay powder and about 2 teaspoon of water and put it in a bowl or cup.
2. Mix the two ingredients well, until it forms a paste consistency. You can add either a little more water or a little more powder if the consistency doesn't seem like it will apply to your face easily.
3. Apply the bentonite clay mask to your face. some people apply it all the way down their neck and upper chest , too. Use fingers, but a cotton ball or cosmetic sponge also works great.
4. Leave the mask on for about 20 to 30 minutes. As the mask dries, your skin will start to feel tight.
5. Rinse off the mask using just water. You may have to gently scrub a little with your fingers to get it off. It tends too stick to your skin.
. After you have rinsed the mask off, your skin may appear a little pink for a few minutes. This is a result of the clay that increases blood flow to your skin as it pulls out toxins and is completely normal.
For Those with Sensitive Skin:
If you have sensitive skin, apply a thinner layer and leave the mask on for a shorter time. Then increase the frequency and how long you leave it on depending on how your skin feels.
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: The content within only presents an overview based upon research for educational purposes and does not replace professional medical advice and consultations with health care and hair care professionals.