It is important to know that it is not tablets and/or medications that restores an animal’s health, but the immune system.
Mites are primarily an immune deficiency syndrome. A strong immune system will naturally suppress mites. Mites can be the result of the animal’s intake of minerals and zinc not being sufficient in the digestive tract. Zink promotes proper intestinal absorption of the critical minerals and vitamins.
Immune deficiencies can be the result of an improper diet and/or foods not being digested properly by the animal’s unique digestive tract. It leads to starvation and thus to the weakening of the immune system. A weak immune system does not react strongly and sufficiently against harmful bacteria, fungi and viruses.
Dogs and cats are primarily meat eaters and, especially in Nature, organ eaters of their prey. Their bodies can deal with gluten in maize products but when it is presented out of balance, many pets’ systems react severely against it and it is reflected on their skin and fur.
• Multivitamin and/or Probiotic will supplement all shortages in the required quantities to ensure maximum health.
• Also ensure that you give the animal a kaiing or two a day to support fat soluble vitamins which is stored in the body’s fat, especially with very skinny animals.
Treatment of mites on the fur
• Wash the dog with a natural tick and flea treatment like Propyrepet insecticidal shampoo. It is an extremely human- and animal friendly natural insect killer made from Chrysanthemum plant oil. It contains a natural Piretine as active.
• If not possible, rinse the animal well with a weak saline solution (9g/+-2 level teaspoons of table salt mixed well with 1L lukewarm boiled water). It should control negative bacteria as much as possible.
• It is important to repair the Ph balance on the skin and also feed the skin simultaneously.
• Olive oil appears to be very successful and highly effective to feed the skin and also penetrate the bodies of mites, which appears to suffocate them naturally (not tested). The inference is made that olive oil penetrates the wax layers of the respiratory systems of mites (and also head lice) sufficiently to result in the breathing and lung functions being disrupted.
• The successes can be seen in photos available on the Facebook page Pierre@Dieregesondheid.
Practical Flower of Sulphur mix
Rub the following mixture on the dog twice a day for about a week and thereafter once a day until healthy:
• 250ml aqueous cream
• 100g flower of sulphur
• 1 pot zinc ointment
• 100ml olive oil
• 2 tubes Allergex / Anthisan or similar cream
Mix everything well and place on sores and/or wounds twice a day.
• Dectomax is a long-acting injectable wide spectrum parasite-destroying product which can be very effectively administered under the supervision of your Vet at 1ml per animal for 6 weeks, once a week, under the skin in the middle of the neck.
• The product is not suitable for collie type and sheep dogs; it can prove fatal to them and their crossbreeds.
• Revolution – freely available from Vets and pet shops.
Treatment in the ears
Peroxide (3%) can be used in drastic cases.
The conservative route is rather as follows:
a) Drop 3-4 drops of sweet oil or olive oil (preferably cold pressed extra virgin) in the ear and leave for about an hour.
b) Then insert Otikleen in the ear and again leave for about half an hour. The wax and everything should be soft by now and much of it can be shaken out by the animal.
c) Thereafter insert Otomax in the ear or the product prescribed by your Vet.
• The animal’s immune system must be boosted as much as possible. Promix EM products which is recommended on the Pierre@Dieregesondheid page, will go a long way towards promoting the digestive processes of the stomach microbes
and ensure the necessary health of the enzymes in the stomach.
• A ‘kaiing’ or two a day to assist in digestion of oil based vitamins.
• RAW diet.
• Gluten free food where necessary.
• Prevent moisture being caught up in the ears with hair and cut the ears clean in long haired animals to enable air to ventilate freely.
• Do not contaminate the ears with material – ear infections and mites are highly contagious and must be prevented under all circumstances.
Pierre van Niekerk © 2015
Dokument opgestel deur en eiendom van / Document prepared by and property of Pierre van Niekerk © 2015
Ter inligting en geensins enige bron van verwysing nie – geen verantwoordelikheid word hoegenaamd aanvaar nie.
For information purposes only and not to be used as any source of reference – no responsibility is accepted whatsoever.